HP is seldom in a hurry to update its scanners. The company’s ScanJet Enterprise Flow 5000 s4 crossed our test bench back in January 2017, and only now are we getting the s5 version. It was worth the wait: The ScanJet Enterprise Flow 5000 s5 is rated almost one-third faster than the s4, with a significantly higher daily duty cycle and better optical character recognition (OCR) accuracy, all for the same price. It’s a capable, no-frills document-management scanner for middle- to high-volume workloads, but the HP lacks the handy, tablet-size touch-screen control panel of our October 2021 Editors’ Choice winner, the Raven Pro Document Scanner. (The Raven also costs $150 less.) The ScanJet falls just short of replacing our current high-end favorite, the Fujitsu fi-8170, but it’s more affordable and well worth checking out.
- Capture entire documents with one-pass duplex scanning up to 130 ipm
- Free up space for work; this HP ScanJet Pro is small and slim—a modern design perfect for the desktop
- Load up to 80 pages into the automatic document feeder for fast, unattended scanning
- Scan images directly into applications with included and full-featured TWAIN and ISIS
- Easily transfer scans into editable text, searchable PDF files, and more file types, using built-in OCR